Amazing-Pkz

Please Vote for us Daily, Have a good time!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Amazing-Pkz

Please Vote for us Daily, Have a good time!

Amazing-Pkz

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Amazing-Pkz

Welcome to the best PKing Server in RSPS history. On 24/7 Thanks to You Guy's :)

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

Donate to Amazing-Pkz

Server Status

Steve Jobs Resigns as Apple CEO Statusimg.php?ip=roflscape.no-ip

Navigation

Steve Jobs Resigns as Apple CEO

hurricanemaxi
    All star
    All star

Steve Jobs Resigns as Apple CEO Empty Steve Jobs Resigns as Apple CEO

Post  hurricanemaxi Thu 25 Aug 2011, 9:09 am

Apple Inc. (AAPL) Chief Executive Officer Steve Jobs, who transformed the company he started at age 21 from a personal-computer also-ran into the world’s largest technology company, resigned.

Jobs, who will become chairman, has been on medical leave on Jan. 17 after combating a rare form of cancer since 2003 and surviving a liver transplant in 2009. He is succeeded by Chief Operating Officer Tim Cook, 50, who has been running day-to-day operations.

“I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple’s CEO, I would be the first to let you know,” Jobs, 56, said in a statement yesterday. “Unfortunately, that day has come.”

Under Jobs, Apple became the second-most valuable company in the world, after Exxon Mobil Corp. (XOM), by introducing devices that revolutionized the computer, music and mobile phone industries. His attention to detail and emphasis on sleek, easy- to-use products helped Apple repel competition from rivals as varied as Google Inc. and International Business Machines Corp. (IBM)

“He’s always going to be remembered, maybe for the next 100 years, as the greatest technology business leader of our time,” Steve Wozniak, who co-founded Apple with Jobs, said in an interview on “Bloomberg West.” “Company culture doesn’t change overnight. He’s got tens of thousands of employees. The quality of the products reflects how good they are, too.”

Current date/time is Wed 08 May 2024, 8:06 pm